Cheese of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheese of War

OC Roleplaying Because We Simply Can.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[ Let's start. ]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Elidran

Elidran

Aantal berichten : 383
Birth date : 1995-03-29
Leeftijd : 28

[ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 10:40 am

"Sir?" He asked, sighing a little. "Sure, sure, grandpa."
He didn't know why he couldn't resist to keep poking fun of Zeph's age. But it felt good anyway.

He walked into the armory, and glanced around. Hmm, smith, smith, where would he be.
Back to top Go down
Zeph

Zeph

Aantal berichten : 345
Birth date : 1954-05-14
Leeftijd : 69

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 5:56 am

He laughed at the word. "Grandpa ? Little cheeky !"

He followed him into the armory and looked up the bows. It's time to buy some arrows now. He picked a twenty for the moment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 6:17 am

In the backside of the armory stood Zhane, talking to the smith. He was holding his blade horizontally, pointing out how damaged it was, and occasionally made a gesture to the swords that were for sale. "What? ..Yeah, I know it's better to just buy a new one, but I don't have the money. If you'd just repair this and forge it a bit like the sword over there.. That's enough for me."
When he suddenly heard two voices behind him, he took a quick glance over his shoulder, taking note of two people entering the armory. He observed them shortly before continuing to try and make a deal.
Back to top Go down
Elidran

Elidran

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 6:53 am

"Cheeky? You're the old one." He defended his own sentence. Paradoxial, actually, but he didn't.. care.
He glanced around and noticed the smith in the back, but with a customer over there. He decided to wait for now, until the other person would be done.
They weren't in a hurry, so yeah.
Back to top Go down
Zeph

Zeph

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 7:02 am

"You're mean, Elidran ~" he commented, standing at his side to buy his arrows and saw the other guy.

"It seems we have to wait a little." He steped and noticed the customer had a sword. Another swordmaster ? Eh, whatever while he doesn't try to kill him too. With his curiosity, he steped again and listened to them.
Apparently, this guy didn't have too much money, as Elidran and himself.
Back to top Go down
Elidran

Elidran

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 7:17 am

"Mean? Just stating the truth." He grinned.
He stared around the armory to kill some time..by watching stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 7:21 am

After a short while they seemed to have come to an agreement, as Zhane handed in his sword along with what little money he had. It wouldn't take the smith too long to reinforce the blade, so he decided to just wait in here.
"Just please make it worth the money. I'll be relying on this sword for quite some time.."
He realised the other two customers would be wanting to talk to the smith as well, so he walked to the side and leaned against the wall rather than keeping them waiting.
Back to top Go down
Zeph

Zeph

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 7:33 am

"Anyway, I'm old but you look more mature than me sometimes, it's... dregading !". His tone was friendly, not accusing.

While the man steped aside, Zeph thanks him moving head, and smiling.

He asked to his friend : "Do you want to go first ? It's longer to repair your sword than buying arrows ~"
Back to top Go down
Elidran

Elidran

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 7:44 am

"You're an old weirdo.
.. Just take it the good way." He said, as he walked towards the back of the armory.
The smith seemed to be still standing there, waiting for whatever he would say. He quickly explained that he wanted to have the blade reforged.
The face of the smith seemed rather priceless as two random people wanted to do such a thing after each other. After coming to a deal with him, he turned back to Zeph.

"And now it's your turn."
Back to top Go down
Zeph

Zeph

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 7:53 am

"I-I'm not so weird !" He stated before the swordmaster talked with the smith.

When he finished, Zeph took his place and put the arrows in a row, allowing the smith to count. Just twenty. He wanted to buy more but his purse didn't have too much money and he had to keep some. He paid his stuff and step back. They'll can go out after the stranger and Elidran will have "new" blades.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 9:48 am

While waiting for the smith to finish, Zhane took another look at the two strangers. Old.. Not having noticed the brand yet, the sniper didn't look all that old to him. Why was he being called that?
His thoughts were interrupted as suddenly a short, low growl sounded from outside. It wasn't that loud, but enough to be heard. Zhane didn't seem to mind it; He knew it was Furioth, who was waiting behind the building for his owner to return. The dragon had never liked waiting, and their bond wasn't that strong, which didn't help.

"Just be patient for once." He grumbled.
Back to top Go down
Elidran

Elidran

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:04 am

He was seen to have a small surprised reaction to the growl, but quickly recovered. He wondered what it was, by looking around. As he didn't hear it anymore afterwards, he calmed down.. somewhat.
Knowing that the blacksmith will take his time for the swords; well, hopefully he would take the time otherwise it would be a waste of gold, he took a look at Zhane. Not to make himself look like the kind of person that would glare until you would speak to him (which.. actually he occasionally would be like, but the wine really got into him,) he gestured some kind of position that would seem rather friendly, and spoke to Zhane.

"Hey there."
Back to top Go down
Zeph

Zeph

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:19 am

The strange sound didn't go unnoticed to Zeph. "A growl ? It sounded to come from behind the armory... What could it be ?". His thoughs stoped when he heard the stranger grunted. Maybe he was mad or... he knew what was this growl. By thinking of it, it sounded like a wyvern...
But once again, he stoped thinking and was surprised to hear Elidran speaking to Zhane. "... It took me a long time to see him friendly with meeeee !", he thought, a bit jealous. Anyway, he stated to the swordmaster with his habitual smile :

"Hello ~"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:43 am

He wondered for a moment what made him catch their interest, but then decided to not think about it too much. He had their attention anyway, so greeting back was the best thing to do.
"Hey." He said, not unfriendly.
Once again Furioth growled, and Zhane realised that may have been what catched the strangers' attention. He wasn't sure whether they had seen the animal, so to prevent confusion, he tried to explain it. "Hm, don't mind that sound. It's just a grumpy dragon."
Back to top Go down
Elidran

Elidran

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 12:18 am

"Just a grumpy dragon?" He asked, raising his eyebrows on his usual way. Because 'dragons' really weren't around here, he must've meant a wyvern, right? ... That would mean this stranger might be of the Imperial Dracoknights? ..
If that was true, what would a dracoknight do here?
- The wine got him still enough to wonder so much.
He hoped the wine would stop being so annoying shortly.
Back to top Go down
Zeph

Zeph

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 1:12 am

Oh, Zeph was right, that was a wyvern.

"Reaaaally ? A dragon ? It's awesome, I love them ~ (they're cooler than pegasus). What his name ? Or her maybe ? Can I see him/her before you leave ? I mean, I saw some wyverns before but never so close ~ By the way, are you a Dracoknight from Begnion ? They're famous !"

Once again, his enthusiasm makes him too curious, asking too many questions in a row.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 9:13 am

" ... "
The wave of questions seemed to confuse him briefly. "Well.. Yeah, you could say I'm a Dracoknight. But this isn't exactly my dragon. I 'borrowed' him for the time being." His eyes drifted off to the working smith. "Against a price, though."
Zhane sighed once, knowing how he would barely have any money left soon. There wasn't anything to do about it, however..
"If you want to, I can show him.
His name's Furioth. I can't guarantee he'll be friendly, though.. At times he still snaps at me as well."
Back to top Go down
Elidran

Elidran

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 5:12 am

Even someone as uncaring as Elidran seemed rather interested in seeing the dragon. As soon as Zeph started his eternal question parade, he kept his own mouth shut. Zeph would be able to talk in his stead.
While listening, his eyes drifted around the armory again, waiting for the blacksmith to be done with the swords; even though he knew it wouldn't be going that fast.
Back to top Go down
Zeph

Zeph

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:24 am

"Furioth ? It's a great name ! I'm sure I will annoy him anyway, haha ~ Then if I see that he becomes nervous, I won't come closer."

Usually, animals seemed to like him. Maybe because he's a Branded, but wyverns can be very aggresive so he has to be for carefull about it.

"We should wait for the swords first and you'll show him to us ! By the way, why did you buy him ? To be faster ? Or... to be cooler ? Or... I don't really know... And what's the price for a dragon ?"

He could ask some more questions if he was allowed to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 9:50 am

"It's not cheap." He stated, and stopped leaning against the wall. "Yet.. I needed him. I can't tell why. But no matter the reason, the point is I should be able of moving around fast."
On the one hand, he liked having a good talk for once in a while, but telling strangers everything just like that might be a risky thing to do.
He stretched one of his arms shortly before making his way to the smith. Asking how much longer it would take to finish the sword, he was told in turn that it would be done soon.
He decided to, at least until it was finished, change the direction of the conversation for a bit.

".. What about you two, though? Why are you here?" Not the armory - the area.
Back to top Go down
Elidran

Elidran

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 7:05 am

He decided to speak a word or three for once.
"Wandering around. Actually, I am supposed to get myself a new job. But someone decided to drag me over the countryside instead."
He spoke like it was the worst thing that could've happened. Maybe, it could be. He is almost broke now that he's getting that sword reforged, actually made Zeph buy him food at that, too. He also hasn't officially canceled his job. Well, great.
Try and picture the face of your employer when you come to him after half a year or WHATEVER, telling him you haven't killed the person you were supposed to hunt down, and instead started to TRAVEL with this outcast. Or outlaw, according to his employer. Elidran knows that it doesn't bother him whether you would be Beorc, Laguz or Branded, but his employer obviously had a grudge against the Branded.

He left the rest of the speaking to Zeph, obviously.

Last edited by Elidran on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typoz.)
Back to top Go down
Zeph

Zeph

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:04 am

Zeph wanted to ask more and more questions but the "pseudo-Dracokignht" deflected the conversation, once speaking to the simth, and once with another question. By the way, this one forced him to think and remember the beginning of this particular day... and Elidran didn't let him time and answered. The swordmaster spoke briefly but said the important.

"Yeah, just wandering, but someone wanted to kill me ~ but now, it's okay, I finally met a good guy. Not chatty, but whatever ~"

He replied without saying that was Elidran, 'cause he surely didn't want to explain what was his job. Of course, Zeph had could to say more if he would been allowed to.

"But I don't know what I'm really here... I don't know the country. I guess I was lost ~ " He said, with his smily face.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 9:31 pm

"Lost." Zhane repeated. ".. I see. So you've no clue where you're going?"
A hint of familiarity sounded in his voice, as if he was or had been in a similiar situation.
".. Mhm. It's not a bad thing though. It's good to see new places at times." The last sentence sounded as if it were slightly aimed at the Swordmaster, as Zhane had noticed the tone in his voice before.
"As for a new job.. You might just find something around here. This country is big.
It is easiest to take something close to your old job, though. What actually was it?"
Back to top Go down
Elidran

Elidran

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 8:31 am

"I'm just a mercenary, so any job is usually fine by me, really." He spoke as if he suddenly started to lose his patience, or as if the stranger was about to offer him a job - which is not the case; but still.
Elidran was a little relieved that Zeph didn't really state more than 'someone', since it would be the most awkward situation.
'So you were like, supposed to kill him.'
'Yeah'.
'And now you're traveling together.'
'Yeah.'
- that would be easily said, way too awkward. Or just too strange, at that.

As he kept his mouth shut again, he gave Zeph the chance to talk, or ask a thousand questions again.
Back to top Go down
Zeph

Zeph

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 8:52 am

"Apparently, mercenary's job can give a lot of money, then I think I'll try to become one too ~ the problem is to have a Brand, but I think you know."

Actually, he maybe wanted to stay with Elidran, but he'll see. After all, Elidran wasn't really enjoying his company.

"And.. What's your name by the way ?" he asked.

It's true that they're were talking for few minutes but, no name was given.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [ Let's start. ]    [ Let's start. ]  - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[ Let's start. ]
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cheese of War :: Tellius-
Jump to: